Romans chapter 8, verses 24 – 28 (NKJV)
24) For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
25) But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
26) Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27) Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Hope, what a beautiful word. So optimistic in it’s pronunciation. And the fact that the Holy Spirit speaks on behalf of us, is a blessing indeed. To have hope is to live. But hope in the right things is what we should strive for. Hope in Jesus and hope in one’s self, to do the right things in our choices. The right thing that is pleasing and acceptable to God our Father.
Question is, where is your hope ? Is it in you ? Or is it with Christ ? Only you know if you are right with God. Are there things that you still need to work on ? Then work on them with do haste. For hope can be fleeting, yet hope in Christ “eternal”.
Have a blessed and wonderful day folks and be sure to put your hope in the Lord,
Bishop Andrew R. M. Manley DD., O.S.A., O.S.P.