Colossians chapter 3, verses 1 – 7 (NKJV)
1) If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2) Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4) When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
5) Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6) Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7) in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
Folks, one very important principle I teach to my congregation is a philosophy of relationships. The premise of the discussion is to make people aware of others around them, which have a considerable amount of influence over them. I’m not talking about those that have authority over us but rather those that we have fellowship with, those that one chooses to “hang out with”.
The quote I am speaking of, I no not where it comes from and honestly, I don’t care who first said it. What I do care about is the truth within it’s meaning. And that is; “YOU ARE, WHO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH”. Maybe you have heard it before and then again maybe this is the first time you’ve heard it. No matter what, it is a true saying. It holds up in most ever test one can put it to.
So if you are looking to seek God and His ways, those things that are Godly, then start with this simple little philosophy and incorporate it into every facet of your life and see the difference that will take shape in your life. Besides, it is amazing what happens when one steps outside ones comfort zone, yet many times it is truly necessary in order to have true change in ones life to do so.
There are many biblical references one can make in reference to this little quote and over time I will bring them forth as well and along the way Gods wisdom will be reveled, like the Potter He is. Making you into an image that is Holy and Blessed in His righteousness and truth.
Until next time, may the blessings of God be upon you and guide you along your way.
Sincerely, Bishop Andrew R. M. Manley DD., O.S.A., O.S.P.
Web site: www.celticcrossministry.com E-mail: email@example.com